SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

TUNESMITH TUESDAY - "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" by Iron Butterfly

Released in 1968, In-A-Gadda-La-Vida was One For The Books, coming in at just over 17 minutes.

S’muther Facts:

The title was supposed to be "In The Garden Of Eden." Someone had written "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida," possibly while drunk, on a demo copy. A record company executive saw it and decided to use it as the title, since it sounded mystical and Eastern spirituality was big at the time, with The Beatles going to India and The Rolling Stones experimenting with Indian instruments.

Ron Bushy's drum solo is not as long as people think; it only runs about 2 1/2 minutes, from 6.30 to a little past 9 minutes. Doug Ingle's organ solo immediately follows.

Iron Butterfly was supposed to have performed the song at Woodstock, but they didn't make it because they were stuck at the airport.

There are only 30 different words in this song, even though it is over 17 minutes long.


In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida


In a gadda da vida, baby
In a gadda da vida, honey
Don't you know that I'm lovin' you

Oh, won't you come with me
And take my hand
Oh, won't you come with me
And walk this land
Please take my hand

In a gadda da vida, honey
Don't you know that I'm lovin' you
In a gadda da vida, baby
Don't you know that I'll always be true

Oh, won't you come with me
And take my hand
Oh, won't you come with me
And walk this land
Please take my hand

In a gadda da vida, honey
Don't you know that I'm lovin' you
In a gadda da vida, baby
Don't you know that I'll always be true

Oh, won't you come with me
And take my hand
Oh, won't you come with me
And walk this land
Please take my hand

In a gadda da vida, baby
(In the Garden of Eden)
In a gadda da vida, honey
Don't you know that I'm lovin' you

Oh, won't you come with me
And take my hand
Oh, won't you come with me
And walk this land

Please take my hand

No comments:

Post a Comment