SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

TUNESMITH TUESDAY - "A Wink and a Smile" by Harry Connick, Jr.


"A Wink and a Smile"


I remember the days, of just keeping time
Of hanging around in sleepy towns, forever
Back roads empty for miles

Well you can't have a dream and cut it to fit
But when I saw you I knew, we'd go together
Like a wink and a smile

Leave your old jalopy
Buy the railroad track
We'll get a hip, double dip, tip toppy
Two seat Pontiac

So you can rev her up, don't go slow
It's only green lights and alright
Let's go together with a wink and a smile

Give me a wink and a smile
We go together like a wink and a smile

Now my heart is music, such a simple song
Sing it again the notes never end
This is where I belong

Just the sound of your voice
The light in your eyes
We're so far away from yesterday
Together, with a wink and a smile

We go together like a wink and a smile


No comments:

Post a Comment