SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

TUNESMITH TUESDAY - "Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh (A Letter from Camp


"Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh (A Letter from Camp)" is a Grammy Award-winning novelty song by Allan Sherman and Lou Busch, based on letters of complaint Allan received from his son Robert while Robert attended Camp Champlain in Westport, New York.

The song is a parody that complains about the fictional "Camp Granada" and is set to the tune of Amilcare Ponchielli's "Dance of the Hours". It won the 1964 Grammy in the category of Best Comedy

~~~~~

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah (a Letter From Camp)

Hello Muddah, hello Fadduh,
Here I am at Camp Grenada
Camp is very entertaining
and they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining.

I went hiking with Joe Spivy
He developed poison ivy
You remember Leonard Skinner
He got ptomaine poisoning last night after dinner.

All the counselors hate the waiters
And the lake has alligators
And the head coach wants no sissies
So he reads to us from something called Ulysses.

Now I don't want this should scare ya
But my bunkmate has malaria
You remember Jeffrey Hardy
They're about to organize a searching party.

Take me home, oh muddah fadduh, 
take me home, I hate Grenada
Don't leave me out in the forest 
where 
I might 
get eaten by a bear.
Take me home, I promise I will not make noise 
or mess the house with other boys, 
oh please don't make me stay, 
I've been here one ... whole ... day.

Dearest fadduh, darling muddah,
How's my precious little bruddah?
Let me come home if ya miss me
I will even let Aunt Bertha hug and kiss me.
Wait a minute, it stopped hailing,
Guys are swimming, guys are sailing,
Playing baseball, gee that's better,
Muddah Fadduh kindly disregard this letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment