SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Friday, September 1, 2017

Quotes from Steven Wright (part 2)

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

My socks DO match. They're the same thickness.

I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car. The other is a rare photograph of Norman Rockwell beating up a child.

I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place.

I went to the hardware store and bought some used paint. It was in the shape of a house. I also bought some batteries, but they weren't included.

Right now I'm having amnesia and dejá vu at the same time.

What's another word for Thesaurus?

When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown and get a great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many people ask me if I'm leaving.

When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"

You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know what to feed it.

I had amnesia once or twice.

I bought a million lottery tickets. I won a dollar.

I plugged my phone in where the blender used to be. I called someone. They went "Aaaaahhhh..."

I was in the grocery store. I saw a sign that said "pet supplies". So I did. Then I went outside and saw a sign that said "compact cars".

I took a course in speed waiting. Now I can wait an hour in only ten minutes.

I eat Swiss cheese. But I only nibble on it. I make the holes bigger.

It only rains straight down. God doesn't do windows.

I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart.

I know the guy who writes all those bumper stickers. He hates New York.

I washed a sock. Then I put it in the dryer. When I took it out, it was gone.

Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen.

I put instant coffee in a microwave oven and almost went back in time.

If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?

When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child.... eventually.

I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there, the guy was locking the front door. I said, "Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours." He
said, "Yes, but not in a row."

I love to go shopping. I love to freak out salespeople. They ask me if they can help me, and I say, "Have you got anything I'd like?" Then they ask me
what size I need, and I say, "Extra medium."

For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier...I put them in the same room and let them fight it out.

Ever notice how irons have a setting for *permanent* press? I don't get it...

I installed a skylight in my apartment...The people who live above me are furious!

In my house there's this light switch that doesn't do anything. Every so often I would flick it on and off just to check. Yesterday, I got a call from a
woman in Madagasgar. She said, "Cut it out."

I have a microwave fireplace in my house...The other night I laid down in front of the fire for the evening in two minutes.

My house is made out of balsa wood, so when I want to scare the neighborhood kids I lift it over my head and tell them to get out of my yard or I'll throw
it at them.

The other night I came home late, and tried to unlock my house with my car keys. I started the house up. So, I drove it around for a while. I was
speeding, and a cop pulled me over. He asked where I lived. I said, "right here, officer". Later, I parked it on the freeway, got out, and yelled at all
the cars, "Get out of my driveway!"

I watched the Indy 500, and I was thinking that if they left earlier they wouldn't have to go so fast.

I had to stop driving my car for a while...the tires got dizzy.

I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place.

One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said, "Didn't you see the stop sign?" I said, "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read."

When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown and get a great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many people ask me if I'm leaving.

I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day because that means it's going to be up all night.

When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, "Did you sleep good?" I said, "No, I made a few mistakes."

I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I bought a dog the other day...I named him Stay. It's fun to call him... "Come here, Stay! Come here, Stay!" He went insane. Now he just ignores me
and keeps typing.

I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

I was born by Caesarian section...but not so you'd notice. It's just that when I leave a house, I go out through the window.



No comments:

Post a Comment