SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Meeting the fiancé

A father's daughter brought home her prospective fiancée.
It was the first time he'd met him and he took the opportunity to quiz him a bit.

"So, what do you do for a living?" he asked

"I have no job" he replied

"Really? Well, how do you expect to provide for my daughter?"

"God will provide, I'm sure" was the answer from the intended

"And how exactly will he do that then?"

"God is merciful and will ensure we do not want," he said with all sincerity

"And how about if you have kids? Who looks after you then?"

"God will ensure he provides bounty for the whole family"

"OK, so you say, but exactly how will God provide this?"

"I don't know yet. God will move in his own mysterious ways"

At this point, the father gives up and leaves the house fuming, heading straight for the bar. When he arrives, he meets his friend Dave who asks, "What's up dude? You seem troubled"

"Well, I've just met my girl's new fiancé

"Oh man, bad news?"

"Well, on the plus side, he seems to think I'm God..."

No comments:

Post a Comment