SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Monday, August 22, 2016

Old Friends Tour Update

I've spent the last week in Washington State visiting with my sister, and catching up with some great friends.

First stop on the tour was to drop in to see Tiffany and Julie Kelly. They are a couple of INCREDIBLY cool women from Michigan who recently relocated to Seattle. Julie was one of my students, and I had the absolute honor of performing their wedding ceremony in 2014.

~~~~~

Following that, I took a trip over to my old college town of Ellensburg to catch up with some of my old dorm mates. We met up at the site of our old dorm (now demolished. Not my fault), then took a walking tour of the campus, and ended up at the Student Union Building. We got there an hour before it was (supposed to) open, but one of us (I won't mention who) went in through a service entrance and let the rest in.  What are they gonna do? Expel us?


I also got a chance to catch up with my old friend Jerry Lael. He's a former rodeo bull rider and police officer, and ended up as the Chief of Police in Kittitas for awhile. He now sells life insurance. I didn't get a picture of the two of us, but he bears a striking resemblance to this guy...

~~~~~

Finally, I got to visit with a couple of sisters whom I've known since the First Grade. Marilyn (to my right) and Margie (on my left) Blasing. Marilyn and I went to our Senior Prom together (and her husband took this picture!)

I'm heading back home tonight, and as great as any trip is, it's always great to get home and sleep in my own bed!


Until next time, Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment