SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

TUNESMITH TUESDAY - "Think of Me" from "Phantom of the Opera"




CHRISTINE:

Think of me, think of me fondly
When we've said goodbye
Remember me, once in a while
Please, promise me you'll try


When you find that once again you long

To take your heart back and be free

If you ever find a moment

Spare a thought for me


We never said "our love was evergreen"

Or "as unchanging as the sea"
But if you can still remember,
Stop and think of me


Think of all the things

We've shared and seen


Think of me, think of me waking

Silent and resigned

Imagine me trying too hard
To put you from my mind


Recall those days, look back on all those times

Think of the things we'll never do
There will never be a day
When I won't think of you


RAOUL:

Can it be?
Can it be Christine?
Bravo!

Long ago, it seems

So long ago,
How young and
Innocent we
Were!

She may not remember me,

But I remember her



CHRISTINE:

We never said
our love was evergreen,
or as unchanging as the sea
but please promise me
that sometimes you will think
ah-ah-ah-ah-aaah-of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment