SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Tunesmith Tuesday - "Stand By Me" (like you've never heard it before)

Several years ago, I was in New Orleans walking back from the French Quarter to my hotel, when I decided to drop in to one of the many tourist rip-off shops (where you can buy beads, alligator jerky, incredibly hot spices, T-shirts, Hurricane mix, etc.). Right after I entered, the store's sound system started playing this song. I listened for a couple of seconds, and then said the the elderly lady who was on duty, "Oh, I know THIS song!", and she responded with, "Honey, you ain't never heard it sung like THIS befo'!"

She was right - I hadn't. 

Within a couple of minutes, we were dancing together in one of the aisles.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment