SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Monday, October 1, 2018

Congratulations, Kate and Daniel!

My beautiful niece Kate Grossman got married to Daniel Simmons this past weekend.

Despite falling temperatures (and later on, falling rain), the ceremony went off without a hitch (well, that is, until Daniel flubbed his "I do" line with "I will," and then quickly corrected himself). Close to 200 family and friends gathered and watched these two say their vows.

They'd decided to say the traditional vows ("I, Daniel, take thee, Kate, to be my lawfully wedded wife..."), and then follow them up with modernized (and customized) vows they wrote themselves. They pulled it off well!

And, of course, Uncle Skip got his turn to dance with the bride...

Me with Kate and her mom Janet

According to eyewitness reports, subjects "...laid down the boogie and played that funky music 'til they died"
And (closing with a phrase that will pretty much make my high school journalism teacher, Bob Secord, spin in his grave), a good time was had by all!

Congratulations, 
Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Simmons!
(Just remember, if you hurt my niece, I'm a scuba diver. I know places to hide you that no one will ever find)

No comments:

Post a Comment