SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Monday, July 24, 2017

Post ComicCon Update

ComicCon2017 is history. After four and a half days of geeking out over movies, TV shows, comic books, artwork, cosplay, crappy food, too little sleep, and spending WAY too much time in lines, I'm finally back in the real world. Sigh.

I did some cosplay of my own on Thursday, as (who else?) Doctor Evil.
I lost track of the time I heard people yell, "Doctor Evil" and "One MILLION dollars". 

Several times people would say something like, "Nice Blofeld" referring to the character Ernst Stavro Blofeld, head of the SPECTRE organization and the nemesis of James Bond.

Yeah. Doctor Evil is a parody of Blofeld (and of Doctor No, as well)
I got interviewed by a Yuma TV station... that was fun...

On Saturday, we were able to get into Hall H - an ENORMOUS room that seats over 6,500 people. 
The first panel was for the TV series, "Supernatural." It opened with a video of the two stars getting into a car and talking about driving to San Diego and ComicCon. One of them made a comment that "the driver picks the music", then held up a cassette that just said "Kansas" on it. He put it into the tape player (old school), and right then the lights came up and Kansas was onstage playing "Carry On My Wayward Son". 



Definitely a fun time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment