SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

When Maria Von Trapp Taught Julie Andrews to Yodel

Julie Andrews meets the real Maria von Trapp on The Julie Andrews Hour.

Also, here's a little sump'n sump'n I bet you didn't know: Maria von Trapp actually made a cameo appearance in The Sound of Music

It was the scene where Maria was singing (and dancing) her way to the Von Trapp family home, belting out the song, "I Have Confidence." When Andrews sings the lines, "I must stop these doubts, all these worries / If I don't, I just know I'll turn back," she passes under a large archway. 

Behind Andrews is what looks like a city center, with three women walking along the street behind her. Those ladies are the REAL Maria Von Trapp, her daughter Rosemarie, and the daughter of Werner von Trapp, one of the original von Trapp children whom Maria cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment