SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

TUNESMITH TUESDAY - "Barbara Manatee" - from VeggieTales

Barbara Manatee


And now it's time for "Silly Songs with Larry,"
The part of the show where Larry comes out and sings... 
a silly song
We join larry as he follows the tragic saga of Barbara Manatee
In the day time drama endangered love

Larry: Barbara Manatee (Manatee, Manatee)
You are the one for me (one for me, one for me)
Sent from up above (up above, up above)
You are the one I love (I love, I love, I love)

Bill: "please don't cry Bar-ba-ra,
You're a nice Manatee,
You've been so good to me
But I must go into the world and do noble things for the good of all
And you can't come because you don't speak Fr-r-rench.
Au revoir"

Barbara: "But if you leave Bill
Who will take me to the ball?
Who's gonna take me to the ball, Bill?
I have a new dress and shoes
And new manatee lipstick
Who will take me to the ball? "

Larry: "I'll take you to the ball, Barbara Manatee!"

Barbara: "Please don't go"

Bill: "I must"

Barbara: "Don't go!"

Bill: "I must!"

Barbara: "Don't!"

Bill: "Must!"

Barbara: "Don't don't!"

Bill: "Must must!"

Larry: Barbara Manatee (Manatee, Manatee)
You are the one for me (one for me, one for me)
Sent from up above (a manatee from heaven)
You are the one I love
Barbara Manatee (Manatee, Manatee)
I'll be your mon amie (mon amie, mon amie)
I'll take you to the ball(to the ball, to the ball)
I hope your not to tall (they might have trouble dancing)

Barbara: "Bill, I've learned French"

Bill: "You have?"

Barbara: "Mais, oui. je suis Manatee. See?"

Bill: "Oui, oui mon amie
I always knew you could
I really hoped you would
Now can we go into the world and do noble things for the good of all? "

Barbara: "Yes, but first, will you take me to the ball?
Oh Bill, will you take me to the ball? "

Bill: "... I can't dance"

Barbara: "You cant! ?"

Bill: "No"

Barbara: "I must go"

Bill: "Please don't go"

aBarbara: "I must"

Bill: "Don't go!"

Barbara: "I must!"

Bill: "Don't!"

Barbara: "Must!"

Bill: "Don't, don't!"

Barbara: "Must, must!"

Larry: Barbara Manatee (Manatee, Manatee)
You are the one...

<Smash>

Bob: "Larry... what are you doing?"

Larry: "Just… watchin' a little TV... Bob"

Bob: "Well-l-l-l... maybe you should read a book"

Larry: "Yeah, ok"

Narrator: This has been silly songs with Larry.
Tune in next time to hear bill say:

Bill: "Oh, Bar-ba-ra, I've learned to dance!"

Barbara: "Oh, Bill"


No comments:

Post a Comment