SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Groucho Marx Quotes

To fans of classic comedy, the idea that Groucho Marx is all but forgotten is startling. One of the most popular comedians of the 20th century, he was the quick-witted and sharp-tongued ringleader of the golden age comedy team The Marx Brothers. The siblings conquered every medium, from stage and radio to movies, television, and books. Kids today still recognize his trademark glasses, fake eyebrows and mustache, and cigar, and “Groucho masks” remain popular party items.
“Alimony is like buying hay for a dead horse.”

“A man’s only as old as the woman he feels.”

“Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.”

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”

“Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.”

“Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him.”

“I remember the first time I had sex – I kept the receipt.”

"I find television very educational. Every time someone turns it on, I go to the library and read a book."

“I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn’t it.”

“I don’t care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.”

“I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment