SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Random Status Updates

It occurred to me that, with the rise of all these self-driving vehicles, eventually there’ll be a country song about how your truck left you, too.

~~~~~

My favorite childhood memory?
Not paying bills.

~~~~~

1963 Jr. High School me (learning about ancient Rome): How could such a developed and rich society collapse so suddenly?

2019 me:  Oh.

~~~~~

Has anyone else ever wanted to go into a bookstore or library and ask, “Do you have a book on how to deal with rejection without getting violently angry?”

I’m asking for a friend.

~~~~~

I’ve been trying for weeks now to convince Marlee Matlin of my undying love for her, but my pleadings have been falling on… well, you know.

~~~~~

Musicians are all up in arms because all of their songs are being downloaded for free on the Internet. But I'd like to point out that it takes me *hours* to download those songs, and nobody's compensating me for *my* time. Well, actually they are because I do it at work, but you know what I mean.

~~~~~

Adulthood is completely understanding why Britney Spears shaved her head

~~~~~

To the lady at Costco who had her kid on a leash: I apologize for asking if he was a rescue.

The profanity wasn’t necessary, but I want to thank you for not siccing him on me.

~~~~~

I try to find the good in every situation.
Wait. That was a typo. I meant “food.”
I try to find the food in every situation.

~~~~~


I just now realized that I never said “unquote” after reciting a famous poem in Mrs. Sebesta’s 10th grade English class, so I want to apologize if you’ve been thinking that everything I’ve said since then is from Shakespeare.

No comments:

Post a Comment