SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Jim Rutan - My Friend of the Longest Duration

I'm up in Seattle this week, and I got a chance to catch up with my old buddy Jim Rutan this afternoon.
As close as I remember, Jim and I have been friends since 1961, which makes him my oldest friend. 

We used to play "Tarzan" by the HOUR in the woods behind my house, and we both developed fairly good approximations of Johnny Weissmuller's Tarzan Yell. Also, while I knew who Elvis Presley was, it was Jim who really introduced me to his music (and his movies).

I had a pretty nasty accident in July of 1964, when I did a header off the front of my bicycle and fractured my skull. Jim was with me at the time, and ran to closest house to call for help. To this day, I don't remember the accident at all. I remember getting on my bike at Haller Lake (we had decided to go visit Judy Johnson, a girl in my class who we BOTH had a crush on), and the next thing I remember was being wheeled into the hospital with a splitting headache.

We've been good friends for the last 55+ years, and getting to see him on this trip was a real treat.

Hoo-Hah, my brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment