SHOC

SHOC
Discerning content for Bad Hombres and Nasty Women

Friday, November 18, 2016

The Carpenter and the Lamp

A carpenter finds a genie in a lamp.

While working in an old house, a carpenter finds an old lamp. As he brushes off some of the dust, a genie appears and tells the man "Thank you for releasing me from the lamp! In return, I can grant you one wish. What is it that you would like?"

The carpenter responds: "You know, carpentry is my passion. I would love to be able to talk to my tools. They are my friends, after all". And the genie makes it so.

Later, the carpenter is working on the frame of a house when he sees his hammer next to him. The carpenter says to the hammer, "Well, I can talk to my tools now. What would you like to say?"

The hammer replies, "I'm hammer."

"Yes, I know that" says the carpenter. "Is that it?"

"I'm hammer." says the hammer.

The carpenter is frustrated and turns to his trusty wrench. The carpenter says, "What about you? What can you say?"

"I'm wrench", says the wrench. Now the carpenter is really frustrated. He asks his saw, ladder, tape measure, and screw driver the same questions, only to receive "I'm saw, I'm ladder, I'm tape measure, I'm screwdriver".

The carpenter is starting to lose it and gives up for the day. He drives home, knowing that he may be able to forget his wish and relax in front of the television. He walks through the front door and immediately sees a plank of wood lying across his couch in front of the television. Across further inspection, he notices the empty candy wrappers and dirty dishes lying all around.

"What in the world is going on?!", exclaims the carpenter.


"I'm board"

No comments:

Post a Comment